Brook Highland Racquet Club (BHRC) is located in the established neighborhood of Brook Highland, between Highway 280 and Highway 119. Our philosophy is to offer enjoyable tennis to every level player, and to promote tennis and fitness as a lifetime pleasure. Home of the former Eddleman Pro Tennis Classic, Brook Highland Racquet Club offers 13 clay and 8 hard courts. The club also features an Olympic-size swimming pool with a competitive swim team and a Cybex fitness room.
- Twenty-one tennis courts including 13 clay, 8 hard, plus one practice court.
- Eighteen courts have lights for night play.
- Tennis pro shop featuring a a spacious porch, men's and women's restrooms and showers.
- The pro shop is stocked with demo tennis racquets, apparel and accessories. Racquet stringing available.
- Tennis instruction is available for ALL skill levels. Private lessons, group lessons and clinics are taught by USPTA Professionals.
- Derek Tarr, UAB Men's Tennis Coach, serves as Director of Teaching Programs.
Member Tennis Leagues
- USTA Mens, Womens, Mixed, Seniors, Super Seniors, Flex Leagues and Jr. Team Tennis.
- Womens Softcourt League
- Ladies Interclub Tennis League (LITL)
- Men's Interclub League
Member Swimming Pool Access
- The club offers an Olympic-size swimming pool with two diving boards, seven lap lanes and a baby pool open from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day.
- Adult swim time on the hour.
- Swimming lessons and the Brook Highland "Marlins" swim team are available.
- Pool cabana with men's and women's restrooms, showers and snack bar.
- Cybex fitness room featuring 12 Cybex stations, 2 Cybex bikes, 1 treadmill, elliptical trainer and stairmaster, and free weights.
- Personal trainer available for classes and private instruction.